• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Taylor Caldwell

mr_michel

kickbox
hello, i want to start reading Taylor Caldwell again, i have read, the devil´s advocate and romance of atlantis, so what other book by her would you recomend?

:) "Captains & The Kings" was one of her best. It tells the story of the rise to riches of Irish immigrant Joseph Armagh from the late 19th century into the early 20th century. It was made into a television miniseries back in the 1970s.

L.K. Campbell said:
:) "Captains & The Kings" was one of her best. It tells the story of the rise to riches of Irish immigrant Joseph Armagh from the late 19th century into the early 20th century. It was made into a television miniseries back in the 1970s.

i just buy it second hand, ill start it next, let you know how was it

i just finish reading this book, its a very recomendable one, only down its that about 3 quarters in the book the ending its kinda obvious, but even so, i liked the ending, pretty sad, i would like to get joe's views on the final.
plus to the the family history, it has some interesting conspiracy theory elements, which ill spend a couple days checking on the net.
if you can get a hold on this one, give it a try.
im still open for more suggestions on caldwell books.

I am a senior who has been reading avidly since my fourth grade teacher did me the favor of telling me I could not read.
I could read and recognize the words and the meanings of the words but comprehension and retention was to what she referred.

Ticked me off because I KNEW I COULD READ WORDS. So In 1946 I took it upon myself to show her.
Back in the dark ages the only library in Memphis was the main library down on the river (it was once a fort overlooking the river). After school I would ride the bus down town where I visited the library and then walked down the cobblestoned river imbankment to the warehouses where my father worked.
I road home with him.....about 20 miles.

It was from that time I began to devour books. I had been taught the love of books and reading by my mother. Buying books was an expense I never thought of putting upon Mom but librarys were free. It cost a nickle to ride the bus and I could do that.

By the time I was fourteen I was reading even adult books; didn't understand all I read but I was a curious person and I just read and read.
I remember the first books that stuck in my mind (library books) were adventure such as LEIF THE LUCKY, ERIC THE RED, and other viking stories. Next biographies such as Babe Ruth, George Washington Carver, Lou Gehrig became favorites.
I graduated to my Mother's books mainly Frank Yerby, Frank Slaughter, Leslie Turner White, Taylor Caldwell, Gwen Bristow......I found that reading helped me understand people and why they did what they did.
There was character develpment and interesting plots.

Taylor Caldwell I have not read in years but the book that stands out in my mind is THE LISTENER. I am in the process of collecting her books and then I will be able to share more on Caldwell. She was very talented to say the least.

thats nice, it reminds the time i went in a shooping spree for all the archer's books.
let me know your reccomendations please

Back