• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Technology stops me from reading!

RainbowGurl

I really want to get back into reading again but todays technology is stopping me from doing so blaaah! I need some motivation to start reading again.

I really want to get back into reading again but todays technology is stopping me from doing so blaaah! I need some motivation to start reading again.

Read or there will be spankings! :whistling:

What do you mean today's technology is stopping you? Too many other distractions?

Same here. I feel that I don't read nearly as much as I'd like. Spending to much time on the Interwebz and general bumming around on the couch. :(

I generally find that even when distracted, if I force-plow my way through a half-chapter of a good book BAM! I'm reading again. :)

Try reading something that involves...technology. Maybe characters with dialogs consisting of text, a mystery where a programmer is killed, a romance at a video games convention, etc...?

Try reading something that involves...technology. Maybe characters with dialogs consisting of text, a mystery where a programmer is killed, a romance at a video games convention, etc...?

That's a good idea.

Here is a book that fits the bill: Daemon by Daniel Suarez.

Plus any of William Gibson's last three books.

Why not use technology for reading? Go to googlebooks while surfing, check out their previews. I am sure, you would find something too interesting, that would take you back to reafing.

I get like that - especially when I work online all day, it's easy just to continue doing it once the day ends. I think you just need to get into a good book - maybe try reading a couple of chapters before bed (although if you're anything like me and it is a good book, you probably won't go to sleep at all...)

Back