• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Technology theme

jpeezy55

I do computer networking for a living and was wondering if anyone can recommend novels that are based on this technology? Some movies that would indicate what I am thinking of are Anti-Trust or Firewall and even going back to The Net with Sandra Bullock. I have been searching for an author who writes about this and can not find one yet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Maybe John Sandford's Kidd & LuEllenc novels?

They are The Fools Run, The Empress File, The Devil's Code, and The Hanged Man's Song.

Dan Brown's Digital Fortress might fall into the same sort of thing, too.

I don't know if this helps, but Tom Clancy has the series of Net Force, which is about a division of the FBI that is set up to combat increasing crime on the internet. The events are in the future. There are a set of books about Net Force, and not just one.

Tech books

I have read Digital Fortress and it was a very good book...I actually like all of the Dan brown books.

I did not know the Clancy had the Net Force books, I am going to look into those others mention, John Sandford's Kidd & LuEllenc.

Thanks for the listing so far!

Snow Crash isn't so much about networking per se, but it is a really interesting read. My college boyfriend hated (and undoubtedly still hates) reading, but he was a total computer geek and he loved this one. It might be the only book he has ever read cover to cover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowcrash

Back