• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ten Little Indians - Agatha Christie.Help Needed!!

Hey Guys.
I'M currently writing an essay on Christie's Ten little Indians. I would just need a little bit of help. I'm asked to describe the elements of the book that tell about how things went at that time, following a specific context ( Economic, politic, social, etc...)
The problem I have is just finding the right context that does really go with the book, and that is an important one.
Any suggestion of context would be really appreciated.
Thanks everyone
:):p

Wow, been awhile since I've read it but the main thing in my mind is the interplay of the characters from different classes - the class structure is changing at the time and the characters reveal the social prejudices and opinions of their group. I would stick to the social changes of the time and the characters often inability to bridge their differences and communicate effectively. Plus, they tend to group together and trust one another on class and age lines.

Thank you for your time.
I will certainly add your ideas to improve my essay. I didnt notice that though, there are pretty good ideas. Unfortunately, I dont have very good reading skills
Thanks!

You're welcome! I saw the play based on the book a couple years ago, and I think this theme is much more evident in the theater. It's odd though, for the play Agatha Christie herself changed it to a happy ending.

There's a knack to writing essays, and a lot of it is figuring out what the professor thinks and agreeing with them.

Yep, the young pretty woman and the younger man she was getting along with so well survive and find love. And it turns out they were unjustly accused and all that.

Thank you. Ashlea, but I must admit I don't like this idea...In my opinion, it kills the whole sense of the book. And the poem isn't compliant to the text any more.

I agree, why change it? But the program was very adamant that Agatha Christie herself did the changes. I guess she felt that people read books and see plays for different reasons and so are looking for a different outcome and emotional investment. Or perhaps she was just feeling less cynical.

Back