• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld-your fav book

VTChEwbecca said:
So I'm not the only one with the books on my bookshelf in order. Whew! I thought that I might be a tad bit obsessive.

Meh. Probably is, but at least we're not alone in it.

LOL! My Pratchett books are the only ones that currently have a shelf all to themselves, arranged in order of year of publishing! :D This will probably have to change soon though, as I am running out of space for all my books. :( Need a house to myself I think.

Halo said:
LOL! My Pratchett books are the only ones that currently have a shelf all to themselves, arranged in order of year of publishing! :D This will probably have to change soon though, as I am running out of space for all my books. :( Need a house to myself I think.

Mine have their own shelf arranged in that order, as well. I've run out of bookshelf space, though. I need to add another, but haven't the space as of now. I can't wait for a house, so I can create my own library. Bliss.

Most of my books are neatly arranged on the shelves, but books that I have just read, just bought, propose to read soon or dip into frequently are littered across my room-desk, sofa, floor, PC desk, everywhere.

I have a few recently read books out on my foot-stools in the living room, because I was recording quotes from them a bit earlier in the day. I try to keep mine on the shelves to prevent them from being hurt...I'm particular about my books. I only lend them to two people -> my husband and my father, I won't lend them to my mother because she destroys them (dad won't lend her any either, and they live in the same house). My husband has to promise not to harm the books by bending them back or anything.

All my nice editions, i.e. hardbacks and some new, pristine paperbacks, I care for as if they were my children, but I have quite a lot of old, rather battered titles in my collection as well, and due to the rigours of constant transportation to and from my seat of learning some become a bit dog-eared whilst in my possession.

I got a little carrying case for my books, because they were suffering in my backpack...however, I tend to read them so quickly that they don't really have time to become harmed.

VTChEwbecca said:
I got a little carrying case for my books, because they were suffering in my backpack...however, I tend to read them so quickly that they don't really have time to become harmed.

The tender care you lavish upon your books sets an example for us all. ;)

Back