• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The 5 Words Game

eyez0nme

My bf and I play this game to help with writer's block as well as to learn new words. The way it works is that the first person comes up with 5 random words. It is then the next person's job to create a paragraph using those 5 words. It can be serious, silly, true, fantasy, etc...as long as you use all 5 of the words. Once you post your paragraph it is then your responsiblity to pick 5 different words for the next person to create a paragraph.

Anyone interested?

Suggestions: Do not use common words such as a, an, the, is, of, etc... Try to primarily stick with verbs, adjectives or nouns.

Here are the first 5 words:

gargoyle
hyperspace
blue
skeleton
defiled

My bf and I play this game to help with writer's block as well as to learn new words. The way it works is that the first person comes up with 5 random words. It is then the next person's job to create a paragraph using those 5 words. It can be serious, silly, true, fantasy, etc...as long as you use all 5 of the words. Once you post your paragraph it is then your responsiblity to pick 5 different words for the next person to create a paragraph.

Anyone interested?

Suggestions: Do not use common words such as a, an, the, is, of, etc... Try to primarily stick with verbs, adjectives or nouns.

Here are the first 5 words:

gargoyle
hyperspace
blue
skeleton
defiled

How about:

She had never felt so blue. Since her body had been ravaged and defiled, her frame resembled a skeleton, her face a gargoyle and her mind raced as though it were in hyperspace.

Sorry if that's a bit lame, it's my first attempt EVER and I've had a little drink.

My 5 words are:

elephant
crystal
tripod
funnel
amazing

My 5 words are:

elephant
crystal
tripod
funnel
amazing

the elephant sat looking into the crystal ball while setting the tripod and camera to take a picture of the amazing Aaron drinking through a funnel!

My 5 words are :

Music
Death
travel
unpleasant
physics

Music
Death
travel
unpleasant
physics

The music was playing when Death came to my door. He held out his hand and beckoned me forward. Hesitantly i came. I asked 'When i travel there with you, will it be unpleasant? My physics teacher always said Hell was quite hot!' He simply nodded. I took his hand and we left.

My words

Horse
Tree
Flicker
Consume
Disgusted

Horse
Tree
Flicker
Consume
Disgusted

I was disgusted recently when i learned that people consume horse, and some do so with a flicker of enjoyment......as for me, i prefer the fruit from the tree!

Words :

Mouse
Bury
Universe
Tantalising
Shine

Mouse
Bury
Universe
Tantalising
Shine

Dogs are such foul creatures! Instead of savouring their prey they bury it. I on the other hand prefer to be tantalising. I torment the mouse and let my claws shine! Welcome to my universe!

Back