• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Big Read ?

DamianJB

kickbox
how many on here are a member of a reading group inspired by the Big Read of the BBC program ?

I am a member of a group that meet in a pub from Blackburn Library
It just makes reading a little more interesting, as you give reviews and discuss common reading...

I missed a couple of meetings...there is one every month...but I haven't really missed anything...I think the BBC did it to get people back into reading actual books rather than reading ebooks from the internet...

hello

i realise i am replying a bit late as you posted this a while ago but i was a member of that group until i tried to log on one day and it wouldnt let me! everytime i changed pages it said i had to log on again so i didnt bother going back!! i might try it again as it was a good site!
are you in blackburn, scotland! as in beside boness and linlithgow way!?

amy :D

Of course we don't hear anything about this in the states, but we have Oprah's book club, which has made the US literate again. She's made very intelligent choices, hasn't dumbed down for her audience, is just guided by her own taste, and can make any book a bestseller.

Back