• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Book Directory

lies

I love what you did to thebookdirectory.org. It makes me want to use these guys: :) :D

Most of the time the websites are listed as surname, first name, but not always (e.g. Elizabeth George). That's not that big of a deal right now, but once the directory gets humongous, it's going to be hell finding the link you need.

Also, I thought it might be interesting to have editors work for you. The way it is now, there are only 216 links in the directory, and I think some of it is because the way to add links isn't as "easy" as some people would like. Maybe if you get some voluntaries (people you trust aren't going to give up after a week's worth) to take care of one category (it would certainly help the uniformity of it as well I think), the directory might get bigger sooner. A bit like the open directories you can find on the net... Of course, individuals could still add links, but if you've got editors that can do it "in bulk", maybe that would help the process along.

And another thing: is it normal that I'm logged in to the book forum, but not the directory? Are they two seperate entities nowadays? (or have they always been?)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Author sites should be Lastname, Firstname as it makes them easier to find when looking through an alphabetical list (similar to how The Library does things.

I'm looking at a way to make adding links a bit easier. At the moment you have to browse to a category and then add a link to that category (and others). You'll soon be able to just click "add a site" and then choose which categories to add to, regardless of which category you were in when you clicked "add a site".

The Book Directory is a separate site now, so you will need to register/login independently of The Book Forum. The reasons for splitting it off from The Book Forum were mainly that I thought it could develop better as its own site, and it is also technically easier to manage as a separate site with its own database etc.

Editors are one of the features we can now use with the directory.

If anyone is interested in becoming an editor at The Book Directory then drop an email to admin [at] thebookdirectory.org

Thanks.

Darren.

Darren, what exactly do the editors have to do for the Book Directory?? I have plenty of free time recently so i'd be glad to help out if i can :)

Phil

Sounds interesting. I'd be willing to help out.

However sometimes I will be at a location without net access for up to a month. Especially on any Exxon contract I take. They are really strict on net access for consultants. Would this be a problem.

If it grows then you may need a couple of editors / category

Thanks for clearing that up Darren. I wouldn't mind spending time doing some editing either, so if you still need people... ;)

Back