• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Chronicles of Narnia or LOTR

deeman12

So which one do you prefer, i love the narnia books and i am yet to read LOFT so i will see how it goes. What do you guys prefer.

I am just reading the Narnia books now and I am enjoying them very much...

I tried the LOTR books a while back... and felt over whelm... I really could not follow all the friggin names... so many at the start of the book...

I plan on reading them and give them a go.. I think the movie has helped a little and me brother says there is way way way more in the books over the movies... but that is always so it seems...

So for me Narnia...but first Harry Potter sorry mate I am a big Harry Potter fan...

i used to read more murder mystery type books but have fallen in love lately with Fantasy books...

PS Order of the phoenix from the Harry Potter series is the best and I plan on having it with me when I die....

I am just reading the Narnia books now and I am enjoying them very much...

I tried the LOTR books a while back... and felt over whelm... I really could not follow all the friggin names... so many at the start of the book...

I plan on reading them and give them a go.. I think the movie has helped a little and me brother says there is way way way more in the books over the movies... but that is always so it seems...

So for me Narnia...but first Harry Potter sorry mate I am a big Harry Potter fan...

i used to read more murder mystery type books but have fallen in love lately with Fantasy books...

PS Order of the phoenix from the Harry Potter series is the best and I plan on having it with me when I die....
Im also a fan of the Harry Potter books, although i cant say that the order of the phoenix is my favourite, for me the Goblet of fire and The half blood prince are my favourites. Lately i have been reading Autobiographys, the best one to date is definitely Scar Tissue by Anthiny Kiedis from the Red hit chilli peppers.

Im also a fan of the Harry Potter books, although i cant say that the order of the phoenix is my favourite, for me the Goblet of fire and The half blood prince are my favourites. Lately i have been reading Autobiographys, the best one to date is definitely Scar Tissue by Anthiny Kiedis from the Red hit chilli peppers.

I Liked GoF and the HBP both the same they are my 2nd fav... but OotP will always have a place in my heart not because it was the best light for Harry but because JK I think really made you feel it...

I hated they fight between the 3... but it is growing pains.. but also the way she made you hate Umbridge I have not hated a character like that since Darth Vader... or death himself....

I think that is what I am fond of most... how she made you feel for the characters the most...

That and the DA loved it .... loved it...

That all said I can easily see why the books you like the most out of the series.... they too are most excellent...

For the overwhelming part about names, I sometimes write down the names and their relations to each other. That helps.

But what I really wanted to discuss about was..., Did you know there is an alternate order for the Chronicles of Narnia?

6 The Magician's Nephew
1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
5 The Horse and His Boy
2 Prince Caspian
3 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4 The Silver Chair
7 The Last Battle

The numbers on the left designates the order that the books were published. And, if you read them in the numbered order, there is a slight twist and enlightenment of realization and discoveries that other readers may miss out.

For the overwhelming part about names, I sometimes write down the names and their relations to each other. That helps.

But what I really wanted to discuss about was..., Did you know there is an alternate order for the Chronicles of Narnia?

6 The Magician's Nephew
5 The Horse and His Boy
2 Prince Caspian
4 The Silver Chair
7 The Last Battle

The numbers on the left designates the order that the books were published. And, if you read them in the numbered order, there is a slight twist and enlightenment of realization and discoveries that other readers may miss out.

The Magicians Nephew was a prequal. I read them in chronological roder instead of the order they were published in. I think reading them the way i did is besto for the reader because you learn more things like how Polly and Diggory are involved in the whole Narnia saga.

6 The Magician's Nephew
5 The Horse and His Boy
2 Prince Caspian
4 The Silver Chair
7 The Last Battle

See I thought there was something funny about the order... I am reading them thy way you have it listed since that is the way it is laid out in the book... I have the book that has them all...

Thanks for letting know this.... it has helped a lot to understand what was happening with the order....

I've read the chronicles of Narnia many times, in various orders. I feel the best way to read them is in the order they were written. The books seem to flow better than way.

I'm not sure it's fair to ask which series is better... I've always felt The Chronicles of Narnia are for a younger audience than the LOTR.

I am reading them thy way you have it listed since that is the way it is laid out in the book... I have the book that has them all...
Yes, same here. And, I read it as it was laid out in the book, but I found out the alternate order (the order CS Lewis had written), after I read it.
So, next time, I am going to read the alternate order. Maybe I'll find a different flavor.

I guess it's like reading the LOTR trilogy first then reading the Hobbit? :rolleyes:

For me, LOTR and Narnia were completely different trips. I really enjoyed both - but for myself, I cannot compare the two. In my perception, LOTR has a rather heavy-duty undercurrent, a preoccupation with war and death - grown-up stuff, really. Narnia, on the other hand, seems to be directed at the child even in grown-up readers.

I've read the chronicles of Narnia many times, in various orders. I feel the best way to read them is in the order they were written. The books seem to flow better than way.

I'm not sure it's fair to ask which series is better... I've always felt The Chronicles of Narnia are for a younger audience than the LOTR.

I agree. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Both are very good, but the target audience for them is different.

Back