• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Code Book by Simon Singh

Litany

Martin said:
The best bits in Cryptonomicon were the bits where he explained how to make and break certain codes - very cool.
You might enjoy The Code Book by Simon Singh. It's non-fiction, about the science and history of codes. I've not read it, but my boyfriend has. He loves that sort of thing. Anyhoo, I'd at least recommend you popped over to Amazon and read a review, see if it appeals. After reading it he became very handy at solving tricky puzzles for me.

Litany said:
You might enjoy The Code Book by Simon Singh. It's non-fiction, about the science and history of codes. I've not read it, but my boyfriend has. He loves that sort of thing. Anyhoo, I'd at least recommend you popped over to Amazon and read a review, see if it appeals. After reading it he became very handy at solving tricky puzzles for me.

Code Book's excellent, very interesting and well-written. It's by the author of 'Fermat's last theorem.'

This The Code Book, it's non-fiction, right? Does it have a plot then, or is it just descriptive?

Cheers, Martin

And Martin, just had a word with my boyfriend. The Code Book is about the past present and future of codes. Non-fiction but with examples of the use of codes and their backgrounds. He did like it an awful lot.
Ok, thank you, I will check it out.

Cheers, Martin

Back