• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The "Ctrl+V" Game

Ah, we had to learn that one at primary school for ANZAC Day - the day where we commemorate all of our fallen soldiers, especially the ones who died at Gallipoli. We wear little pin-on poppies as a sign of our support.
In the States, they sell little poppies on Memorial Day. Well, they aren't really sold. You get one free if you make a donation to the Veterans, no matter how much you give. Since my father is a Vietnam veteran and my grandfather was a World War II veteran, we always try to support them and get poppies every year. Even when I was little, I would always ask for my own dollar to put in so I could have my own poppy. I didn't know for a long time what they symbolised.

7 Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
7 Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
6 One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
9 Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
6 One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
6 The Handmaid's Tale by Magaret Atwood
6 Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
8 A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
3 Animal Farm by George Orwell
8 Les Miserables by Viktor Hugo
6 To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5 The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
6 Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
4 Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
7 Brothers Karamazov by Fydoor Dostoevsky
6 A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
4 The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4 The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway
8 All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren
4 The Name of The Rose by Umberto Eco
5 Of Mice and Men John Steinbeck

Ah, yes. Playing a game on another board. Voted for García Márquez, against Rand.

Here's mine for today:
It amuses me that at nearly 60, I am the computer geek in my family and circle of friends who are all technophobes.

That's not about me, lol... i was copying it as a quote to reply to on another forum. It seems really strange out of context!!

New York City taxi driver returns bag of diamond rings to passenger who left 30 cent tip.

Interesting, I forgot that was in there.......I'm forgetfull really!

Back