• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The curse of the Ottomen

Third Man Girl,
I can tell you that here in the states, they are usually called blanket chests or dower chests. They are a staple of the Pennsylvania antique trade. I have never heard anything being called an "Ottoman" other than the little foot stool out in front of my easy chair. But, then again, I've never heard anybody from over here talk about "petrol" , "lifts", or "lorries".

In my neck of the woods an ottoman is a wide divan - a kind of sofa - with no back and sides.

My grandmother had one.

You could take wonderful naps on the ottoman, :) but it had no place for storing blankets or pillows.

Hobitten

third man girl said:
But, I just want to know where to store 'things' in my character's bedroom !!!!! :mad: :D

Third Man Girl

Ummmm.....in a wardrobe, under the bed, on a bookcase, in a suitcase on top of the wardrobe, in the chest of drawers, in a old cardboard box in the corner, under the floorboards (well that's my bedroom anyhow).

Sorry, mumbling again. ;)

Back