• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the edge chronicles?

I haven't heard of them before, but I just noticed that The Stone Pilot (part of the series) is one of the £1 World Book Day books. Since I have 4 of the £1 tokens I might get it. :)

The World Book Day site recommends The Stone Pilot for ages 10+, but I never pay attention to that kind of stuff. :p

Edge Chronicles

The Edge Chronicles are marvellous. Truly original and inventive fantasy/SF for readers aged roughly 9 and over. Owes something perhaps to the Discworld series, if only in concept, but is entirely its own creation too.

The most distinctive feature is that it is a collaboration between an author and an illustrator. Chris Riddell does the pictures and he is absolutely superb - incredible detail and expression in every one of his larger-than-life, grotesque characters and places.

The 'world creation' elements are spot-on, and the stories action-packed and full of believable characters. Start with 'Beyond the Deepwoods' and let the winds carry you...

P.S. This duo have also collaborated on picture books for much younger readers, and these are also brilliant. Rabbit and Hedgehog are loveable characters who deserve to become as widely known as Winnie the Pooh and classics like that. The stories are witty, perfect for little ones but clever enough to make parents smile as well, and the pictures are second to none. I buy them for every friend I have who's got kids...!

i found these books rather disgusting. all the gross stuff is to vividly described thank you. lol some of my most hated books i read the first one and i had enough.

Back