• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Edge of Reason

Thelma

Have you seen it? Is it any good? Was it worth it to make a sequel for Bridget Jones Diary? Some say it's only good for the fans because they can meet their characters again, but when I read the book I didn't think much of it, I really liked the first film/book but I don't think they should have thought of the question " What happens after the happy ending?" Why get Bridget in a prison and other spectacular settings when she was perfect in England where she belongs?
I will see the film because I really liked Bridget, but I generally don't like sequels, they break the spell, they spoil the magic of a film. :( What do you say?

I went to see this last week and I had heard a few dodgy reviews about it. I wasn't too bothered about that, cos I've read the books and know what to expect, but I did bear it in mind.

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed it, although it was nowt spectacular, and I probably wouldn't rush to see it again. I thought it was funny, I empathised with Bridget, etc etc etc.... The only thing is that sometimes Bridget is just sooo insecure that you want to slap her! Hugh Grant looked surprisingly tasty though.

My advice is: don't expect too much from it, you might enjoy it.

Back