• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Folio Society

Nellie

Is anyone a member of the Folio Society? I love the idea of these beautiful editions, but I was wondering what the full selection of books is like. Having said that I can already find more than 10 volumes I would like :D

Are the books as beautiful as they look on the website?

I was a member for a while.

The good: The volumes they sell are nicely bound and are collectable, many with hard slip in dust covers. When you become a member, they usually have a pretty nice introductory offer.

The bad: You can spend a lot of money on these books. They have very small offerings each year, and what I have found, most of their offerings are not the typical "classics" that you would look for. Many were written around the late 1800's and early 1900's. The books they offer might be a little more "known" in the UK, but for me they offered little that I was interested in.

I do some used folio society books that I find on eBay...you can usually pick them up for 1/4 the cost.

I would browse some of the offerings they had in the years past and see if they consistently put out books you would be interested in. Good luck!

Justin

Great advice, thanks Justin. I will have a surf later and see what's about on Ebay. Any excuse to look at books!

Back