• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Internet Archive

RobertM

I sure hope this isn't a duplicate posting on the same subject. I don't think it is...

The Internet Archive has got to be one of the best free sources on the internet. They are a rarity on the Internet: Free, legal, downloads of thousands of classic films, books, audio files, Old-Time Radio Programs, images, historical stuff, games, and software.

No embedded spyware or other crap you don't need.

Currently they are cataloging over TWO BILLION web pages, past and present, for future historical use. They call it 'The Wayback Machine' and it's quite an effort.

You can also upload your own stuff to them for the database, by using their Creative Commons license. They have a wonderful search engine for the database.

Adventure Books is pretty stingy with the links on our Links and Friends page. After three years, we have only seven or eight on that page. The Internet Archive is one of them.

Caution: They can be addicting. My last download from them: MP-3 files of the Old Time Radio show 'Dimension X' and 'X-1'. I listened to them while camping last weekend. Great stuff...

Back