• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Knight of Christ.

thelastpatriot

Hello I am new to this forum and I decided to write this story, This is basically about a special group that was ordained by Christ to protect Christians and other groups while the following the codes of the up most chivalry. However 2000 years after its founding the freedoms of the land and the knights themselves are threatened The closest thing that this group can be compared to is the Jedi in star wars.

The Knights Of Christ
Introduction
Motto: Duty Honor Sacrifice.

Laws of the Knight I on my honor will serve the lord Jesus Christ with all my heart and seek to live and be guided by his principle even until death.

1.) I promise to avenge the wrong and to help the weak.

2.) I promise to not only defend Christians with my sword but any other non violent religion that is being persecuted. It is the lords will that no groups should be converted by sword, only by faith and example.

3.) I promise to use the powers that the lord has given us for only good purposes and should I and my fellow man use it for evil I should note that evil could come across the lands and take our hearts and we would be serving the enemies we sworn that we would never be.

4.) I promise to give to the poor, succour to the windows and orphans

5.) to fight evil where it should be, seek to end unfairness and deceit if at all possible.

6.) At all time speak the truth.

7.) Respect all men and women equally regardless of stature

8.) To keep my faith in god and country

9.) Never to be prideful in my wealth or abilities.
(Transcript on the begging of the knights)
Now I could try and explain personally how our order was established but I will write to you a document that recorded this event, unfortunately only Jesuses last day on this planet was recorded. (Really only part of what Jesus said on that day survived)

“It came to pass that on the third day after the battle that Christ was preparing to leave and return to his ascent to heaven, However on that day Christ was dressed differently he had on a brightly white robe which stretched to his feet. His hands no longer beared the marks of the nails and it came right before our eyes that the marks on head regressd into a state of no more. He was wearing a brightly golden crown on his head and had a sword in his right. His sword seemed to be made of the finest metals and it hilt was made of the finest of the gold. In the center of the hilt there seemed be a purely flushed blue ruby, it was a sword definitely made for a king.

The sword was extremely beautiful and it glorified his presence. Now people in the crowd most of whom wore ragged clothing and torn pieces of clothes bore the marks of war and suffering well but when Christ was transfigured the crowd was transfigured too. It was a amazing sight all their marks, wounds, and mental sufferings were disappearing. Christ was giving this people a gift the people then broke down on their kness and worshipped Christ and they said

‘Lord we are unworthy of this gift for we have killed your prophets and rejected your words at all times why would lift these terrible marks on us?’

Christ then said ‘ Behold I give you a gift that you may have a testimony of me that you can know for a fact that im the lord, keep this gift well and always remember me.’

The people then responded ‘ lord we appreciate your gifts and we know that you are true but our neighbors are hard headed people and they seek to make war and they are haters of every religion except their own, if you leave us they will seek to destroy us.’

The lord then retorted ‘ ye did not have to mention this to me for I have seen that there will still be men persecuting you for your newfound beliefs and it saddens that I haft to do this for I wish that all men would peacefully accept you, but I have seen the night and this cant be. I will establish an order among that shall help guide and protect you and lead you into newfound paths and This order shall I give this sword. This order will not only protect you but be protectors of humanity; if one group is being exterminated by the other it is up to them to stop it. This group will go and be the protectors of you and humanity; however, I ask ye not let this group do everything, I ask this group and ye to go out and peacefully seek new converts. I will also give this order new and magnificent powers which man has never seen. I warn you though that once I give this power to man I cant take it away I ask of you not to abuse your powers and use it for evil, for if man should use it for evil than ye no longer have my power but this power will become with the devil. Should evil be allowed to thrive, this land is doomed for misery.’”

Unfortunately this is the only document from that event that I was able to recover, this record along with many others were ripped to shreds by the new emperor. However after that event the lord called over 500 men to be knights and they named themselves in Latin “knights of the holy order” the lords powers flowed right through their blood and any heirs’ morale or not could use that power. What the lord gave us and what the record doesn’t transcribe was the specific powers that we could use. We had powers that with a single wisp of our hand we could make men fly, we could create and conduct electricity through our body and kill a man if needed. We had the power to what could be called super jumps, if one of us wanted to we could jump over 100 yards, we could also run as fast as 60 miles an hour or faster. We all had many powers and depending on how much we trained on them we could discover more or make these powers more powerful. (Ever needed an item but was to far away to reach? well a simple pull of your hands could make it come to you) After that event the Knights helped united the 5 continents (took 1500 years though) and there was a peace for 500 years that is until now.

The Castle that I used to call home is now a giant piece of rubble, dead bodies now fill its void, its halls are just pieces of crumbled memories.(the cries of the innocent fill the whispers of the air.) If you walk where I am now you will see a vast open land around you, rumbling hills and small prairies that lie in between, the only connection breaking its beauty is a small concrete road leading to the main city, if you didn’t see this wretched castle you would think it was the most peaceful and beautiful place on Dolarain, why you just look one way and you can see for miles a beautiful green wonderland but if you look the other you see large giant like stones tumbling around you, you see blood stains, crumbled stones and pieces of paper filling the base of a castle. If you stand in its silence you can hear the cries of the dead calling for vengeance, If you saw what I saw you would quake in fear runaway and never look back, even if that castle wasn’t there you couldn’t unseen the dead, you couldn’t even bear that a once beautiful castle was there and you would wonder who would do such a thing. As I walk around this void I wonder the same things, yet I have a answer and I know who did it, I knew this event was going to happen I prepared for it, I just didn’t expect it to happen so soon, maybe in a year or two but….. Not now. This country has been in turmoil for a while now and I remember the events like it was yesterday……

Chapter 1. “the search for the truth"

I remember the day it happened, it happened on Tuesday March 22nd 2002 A.D. I was watching the news and with all the corruption and scandals going on with the knights people were weary with us and I couldn’t blame them.( I don’t know why the knights got this way, most of us weren’t like that (we didn’t commit adultery, do ponzy schemes, cheat, lie, steal, nor did we do assassinations, nor did we try and bring the economy down like they said we did.) and when Sam (our grandmaster) heard of these things, he excommunicated many knights from our order, However those evil knights swore to bring us down and did they keep their promise, in fact one of those bastards is the emperor himself.) The News was ranting on how evil the knights are and their morals threaten them, they made some boisterous lies that we are planning to “kill” all the wicked from this planet and make way for the second coming, they said that the wicked was us and that the knights wanted power from us. All of these were lies! Lies! And lies!! What brought us down wasn’t necessarily the media it was a event they were looking to blame us on, its was the collapse of the economy. When the stock market crashed on that Tuesday they were riots, instead of blaming the real culprit our liberal government. The people came looking for us and despite our powers they were killing us, A man came out of that group and proclaimed himself emperor. Years passed and the enemy hadn’t found our hideouts but when Sam Aslander exposed the truth about the emperor he got more aggressive and the holocaust began, the people realized the truth but it was too late. By 2011 the emperor had the full trust of the army and the people were powerless to stop him, but only a small fragment believed in the truth most of the population still hated us. The ones that supported us were rounded up and arrested and never sawn again. However the empire had its problems people were starving and dying, disease infested the land. The emperor said that the knights were capturing their supply trucks and feeding themselves, “they want you to die” he said. In 2012 the problems got worse and news media came out with’ videos’ showing the knights attacking supply trucks, the people then began to looking for us, the emperor discovered our hideouts and sent a army to “stop” us. I knew what I had to do, There was a resistance group who knew the emperors lies and were fighting them, I knew their location and was going to join them. I was going to stop at our caste (get any knights that were there to join me)and get a few things, too bad it was already pillaged and destroyed

As I was making my preparations to leave the castle I felt a disturbance in the air, I looked around and all I could see and hear were the dead burned up leaves rustling in the wind. I stepped on into the green open and then I heard a loud "pop!!" I saw right before my eyes a laser guided rocket heading right towards me; I quickly ducked down and the rocked took a nose dive 20 feet away from me and then there was the boom! the ground shaked beneath my feet and the vibrations would of knocked any normal man down. Smoke then filled the air, the smoke was so thick that I couldn't even see my hands even if they were a few inches right in front of my face, once the smoke cleared however I saw twenty of the finest imperial soldiers surrounding me. these soldiers werent ordinary, they wore the finest immaculate black armor and each had a skull and crossbones on their shoulders. This was the symbol for the infamous imperial commandos. The elite of the elite and made up of person who followed orders no matter how bad they could be. Each had a weapon in his hand and across the distance of the thirty or so soldiers that surrounded me I saw a officer who wore no helmet and had a just communication headset, he soon came to the front of these soldiers and said,

" you sir and your knights have been condemned for treason against our new mighty empire! however Cameron; the Emperor wants you alive, surrender now and you have your life for we have orders to kill you if you do not come peacefully."

After these statements the officer disapeared in into the thick smoke and soldiers, I then said,

"I am Cameron Petrovich a Knight of Christ and it is in my utmost duty to stop evil wherever it should be I cannot surrender nor will I ever. I recommend that if you want to live that your men should retreat!"

shortly after I heard the utmost laughter from every side and across the distance I heard the officer say

"Men, open fire and kill this fool" the combination of fiery lasers and bullets were coming at me and I instantly was able to slow everything down, the bullets were moving ever so slowly across the air and smoke. I reached out my hands and immediately a blue almost holographic bubble surrounded me, everytime the bullets hit it immediately bounced back to the target it was fired from. With everything going so slowly around me I was able to see the grimacing smiles and looks that they gave me but they couldent see what was actually going happen, one by one I watch each everyone of those men fell. The last man standing was the officer who hadnt fired a single shot. He was dismayed at the sight of all of his men and couldent believe what he had seen. I sensed that instead of the officer being mad, hateful and vengeful that he was sad, sorrowful and regretful. when I started to approach closer and closer to this man I for some reason could see what he was thinking, His was thinking of his wife and children and is wondering how they would be supported he was thinking of how he joined the Imperial Army despite the pleadings of his wife, he was thinking of the innocent men he was forced to kill. This man was a good man despite what he said to me a man who just wound up in the Imperial Army because that was the only job paying enough to support his family. When I came closer to him he pleaded and said to me,

" I am sorry for what ive done, I did this for my family I had no choice but to do this! I dont choose the missions!" I immediaely replied, " I know what ye are and I promise I will not kill you but im going to haft to shoot you and knock you out. if you came out looking fresh the Empire will kill you."

before he could utter another sound I picked up a pistol right beside him shot him in the lower chest and leg which knocked him out. I immediately put my hands over him and a blue bright aurora came pouring out and the wounds were healed just so that he wouldn't bleed to death. right before I was walking away I immediately heard a transport truck and screaming voices. quickly knowing what it was I decided to run away.

I kept on running and running , everything was going by in a blur because I was running so fast. I knew I had to go and stop somewhere I had nearly used up all my energy and I knew if I didnt stop I was bound to pass out. In the distance I saw a great forest that stretched through miles and miles east and west. I knew immediately it was the ardennian forest and beyond that was the land of the north where most of the resistance had decided to keep their armies. (While the Empire still controls the North t some say its only a matter of time before their scant forces are driven away, others say the resistance doesn’t even have enough power to do that. Right now though their headquarters is somewhere in the Ardennian forest.) I saw a small suburban town right outside the outskirts of the forest, it was on top of a hill and was surrounded by the forest on three sides. the houses were beautiful and had the upmost architecture and each one was at least two stories and either had the typical slanted roofs or just a flat one. most of the houses were a pasty white or dark brown. there were two roads that were connected to the suburb one road lead from the suburb, through the middle of the hill and appeared to head south to the city of Venir which was at least a hours drive by car or a 15 minute drive by a air taxi. ( flying cars arent really practical since they cant be to heavy and are terrible expensive due to how inneficient they are with gas, the best models only get 10 miles to the gallon.) the other road went to the right of the city, through part of the forest and then went further north to the city of Allasia which is considered the first city of the North.

Back