• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Library - genres

hobitten

:confused:

I was rooting around in the library section, and came across one of the best reads I have had this year. Ken Follett's The Pillars of Faith. I took the opportunity to review it.

Why is it categorized in the crime, thrillers and mystery section?
I know, that Ken Follett usually writes thrillers, but this one is an exception.

The Pillars of the Earth is - if anything - a historical novel, or just plain fiction. I would not characterize it as a crime novel, thriller or mystery.

Hobitten.

The library ties in with amazon.co.uk so that people who like your review have the option to purchase the title. Amazon have the book in the 'crime, thrillers & mystery' category (as well as fiction) so it really just ties into that.

This is my estimation and I'll let Darren fill any gaps if other things are taken into effect, such as the genre specified by a user when they request a book be added to the library.

Cheers

Mxx

edit: oooh, he's quick that Darren! :)

He he...

We've got affiliate links to various book shops throughout the library which partly help to fund the site.

The genre the book is placed into when it's added to the database does largely depend on where the big bookstores have placed it, and where the user has suggested it (if it's been suggested by a visitor).

If there's some ambiguity, then "fiction" is normally a safe bet.

Darren.

Back