• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the lies of locke lamora

TRACEYshep1

:cool: Hi, just finished the lies of locke lamora - best book for long time!
I can't praise this book enough, and its only the first in a new set of books. George R.R Martin quoted scott lynch as a bright new voice. Think the hustle meets lord of the rings - thats the only way to describle it. Has anybody else read this stunning book? what do you think?

My wife put it down at page 75 and I put it down at 50... nothing happened.. too much description of things I don't care about and a cliched thief... BORING.

Yes, I have an eye on Scott Lynch given the good reviews it has garnered. However, I'm waiting for the final book in the trilogy to come out before buying it. :) I'm unlikely to break this rule, especially for a new author I've not tried yet. I'm weird that way.

ds

really loved it. waiting for pt. 2 in paperback. Next year will see a prequel consisting of 2 novellas giving more insight as to what happened up to "the lies of locke laora".

Direstraits: your wait might be longer. The Gentleman Batard Sequence is by no means a trilogy. I think it's planned for 7 books.

At least Scott Lynch is younger than George R.R. Martin ;)

Jan

really loved it. waiting for pt. 2 in paperback. Next year will see a prequel consisting of 2 novellas giving more insight as to what happened up to "the lies of locke laora".

Direstraits: your wait might be longer. The Gentleman Batard Sequence is by no means a trilogy. I think it's planned for 7 books.

At least Scott Lynch is younger than George R.R. Martin ;)

Jan
7 books? Damn. That's all I need now that I have 2 ongoing series on my lap - Malazan Book of the Fallen and Song of Ice and Fire.

I might succumb then, especially if I read another 'damn, it's so refreshing' review again. :)

ds

My wife put it down at page 75 and I put it down at 50... nothing happened.. too much description of things I don't care about and a cliched thief... BORING.

I tried to read this book too. Don't think I got as far as page 50. It just didn't grab me.
Maybe I'll try it again.

Back