• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Man Who Killed Satan

jimthompson

I know how they operate. The customs agents watch you for the tell-tale signs of fear. Shaking hands, sweating heavily, fidgeting with the hands or the hair. Failure to make eye contact. None of this mattered to me. I have no fear. I am not brave. I just don't care anymore.
In the past I used to have fear, but it died. So did most of the other parts that made me human. Happiness. Sadness. All dead. All except anger. For some reason that never died. In fact it not only lives inside me: it grows. Like a tumor.
The customs guy finishes with my bag and I pick it up and walk up the ramp into the airplane. I knew there was no way they would ever find the weapon.
I am the weapon.

I like. Very Palahniuk-esque.

Except, don't customs guys watch you when you leave, not enter? I think you want security, not customs/immigration.

Yes you are right sparkchaser. Thank you for correcting me. Was stupid mistake. Tried to write when half asleep. Thank you all for reply. I have been considering for long time perhaps trying to write story. Many problems though. Related to legal and security issues, as is story with factual basis. Also, I cannot find typewriter now and do not know how to operate computer programs to write book. I just wished to see what experienced readers like forum thought of story and whether it would be worth all the trouble it would take to attempt to publish it.

Back