• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Most overrated fiction book ever?

I was never a big fan of Ray Bradbury for some reason. Most of his plots feel like perfunctory sketches with twists tacked on.

"Catcher in the Rye" IS overrated...but fortunately "Nine Stories," "Raise High the Roofbeam" and "Franny and Zooey" are some of the finest texts in the english language, so...

I'm going to step on a lot of toes by making my mention, but I think The Stand by Stephen King is the most overrated book I've ever had the misfortune to read. I love his works, but I seriously considered hanging myself from the rafters about half way through that book. I finished it, but with much gnashing of teeth. Sheer will power got me through. I also did not enjoy Gerald's Game and I have yet to ever force myself to finish it.

The Great Gatsby was another book that I wish I'd left on the shelf. It was required reading, so I had no choice. I would do just about anything to regain the time wasted reading that piece of drivel.

I read the great gatsby. Someone told me to read it because they said I was the gatsby. I said in what way? She said the gatsby didn't have the proper attitude towards the fair sex. I told her, "Well, consider that this gatsby fellow has not met you." When I later discovered the thrust of the novel I saw that gatsby thought highly of his woman. And too highly for a woman's tastes was perhaps what I was supposed to have understood.
...but I've forgotten the book by now, almost completely.

Back