• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Most Whack Writers

Mary Higgins Clark
Janet Evanovich
Terry Pratchett
Danielle Steele
John Grisham
Stephen King
Tom Clancy
Dan Brown
....yup.:cool:

hmm, i'd have to say Malcolm Lowry, particularly Under the Volcano (which i was unable to finish). i find his writing turgid, contrived, obtuse ... get to the point already ...

Now, you see, if I had to choose I'd say James Joyce or William Burroughs. They're laudaded as great writers and put on the same pedastal as writers I worship, like Gabriel García Márquez and Jorge Luís Borges, and that irritates me because I consider them literary frauds without the ability to create characters or create a coherent narrative.

Stephen King and Mary Higgins Clark may be overhyped whenever their new books comes out, they may be even overrated by the masses. But what do I care? They're not being compared to really great greaters. King is compared to Straub, Koontz and Gaiman (sorry :p ); Clark to Patricia Cornwell; Robin Cook to Konsalik. And? What are these people to me?

Back