• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Mysterious Benedict Society - Trenton Lee Stewart

Ryouko

I was wondering if anyone has read this book. The author graduated from my school, Hendrix College, and he gave a talk last semester. That's what got me interested in the first place. There are two books so far, and they are great children books, especially for bright children. The stories encourage learning and problem solving, and are interesting at the same time. They also deal with topics like disstortion of reality by authority figures, and the typical struggle between good and evil.

I really enjoyed it, but I tend to read a lot of children's books anyway. I would recommend it to anyone with children, or anyone who enjoy children's books.

Just finished it this past week and loved it. Reviewed it on my book review blog and am looking to get the next book as soon as I can. Engaging story, clever puzzles, great characters. Granted, some of it bordered on fantastical, but with kids books, that's usually what makes it so fun.

Have you been to the website? The Curiosity Chronicle. Has puzzles and a bunch of other fun stuff on there. The second book in the series is on my list for my next trip to the library.

(I apparently haven't made enough posts to be able to include the URL. Sorry. I'll come back after I hit the 15 number.)

Back