• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Okal Rel Saga

okalrelsrv

WANTED: Readers. Reviewers. Fans. Collaborators.

"Intelligent Space Opera" is my favorite 3-word intro to the Okal Rel Saga, a series about reality skimming, love, war, people and power complicated by a thoroughly developed backdrop of science and culture. It's also been called Science Fiction with a fantasy "feel" due to the focus on character. And after years of resisting labels I've decided to brand the ORU "Optimistic SF". There are a few tragedies along the way, but the overall tone is one of finding meaningful ways to cope with even the worst situations and striving to improve the world when able.
aokalrel.org_wp_content_uploads_2012_03_realityskimming.jpg
Readers include PhDs in the sciences and the humanities, as well as a growing but still small number of young adults who liked it enough to contribute to the Opus anthologies set in the Okal Rel Universe or donate art to one of the ORU (Okal Rel Universe)'s manifestations. In 2013 / 2014 we are celebrating the conclusion of the ten-novel saga (Part 9 out in August 2013 from Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing of Calgary, AB). Looking for reviewers with a young adult "reach", in particular, or kindred spirits interested in collaborating on creative and/or promotional projects. It's got to be fun! Email lynda(at)okalrel.org

See my vlogging daughter's "A,B,C's" of the Okal Rel Universe at

Back