• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the olimpics are over

mr_michel

kickbox
so how do your national atletes delegation did? and, do you think it was a good performance?

im from mexico, we only got 3 silvers and 1 bronze
i am a little dissapointed, good fot the guys (actually 3 girls and one guy) who won medals, we were actually very entusiastic about ana guevara getting the gold in 400 mts women, but silver its ok, she made a great effort. but im dissapointed by other atletes from which more was expected, for example the soccer team, and usually the tae kwan do fighters do a great job, but not this year, i was also expectin to see a medal on the maraton.

I've been out of the area for the past few weeks, family obligation. The olympics were a great escape though, I love watching them and got to enjoy almost every event.

In particular, I like cycling and soccer and not missing any of the U.S. girls games was great. The controversy thing is a large part of why I can't fully get into subjectively scored sports where a judge tells you what you got....fun olympics though.

And hi to everybody since I've been away a bit! Hope everything is going well.

I'm quite proud for my Germany. :)

14 Gold
16 Silver
18 Bronze
48 Total

As for the country I am living in..first place..

USA won a lot of medals, but I didn't pay much attention to them. I was rooting for Iraq's soccer/football team, and other random countries.

Anyone really enjoy the closing ceremony? I watched it while doing other things and didn't find it to be very interesting. The fireworks were pretty spectacular, but that was it.

I didn't watch the ending of the Olympics, but well...at least I wont keep hearing everything on the news about the Olympics! :p

True@1stLight said:
I've been out of the area for the past few weeks, family obligation. The olympics were a great escape though, I love watching them and got to enjoy almost every event.

In particular, I like cycling and soccer and not missing any of the U.S. girls games was great. The controversy thing is a large part of why I can't fully get into subjectively scored sports where a judge tells you what you got....fun olympics though.

And hi to everybody since I've been away a bit! Hope everything is going well.
Welcome back! :)

We managed to win 3 golds, 2 silvers, 5 bronzes, only...Huge disappointment.

But...Korzeniowski still rules!

Ooh, and by the way, did you see the incident that happened during the marathon?!

How ridiculous was that!?

Cheers

We came 4th! I have no idea how many medals we won, but I watched the closing ceremony and they said we were 4th. :)
I thought the woman who spoke at the closing ceremony (can't remember exactly who she was) was excellent. She was so passionate and enthusiastic.

Martin said:
Ooh, and by the way, did you see the incident that happened during the marathon?!

How ridiculous was that!?

Cheers

Yes I wish that stupid guy would have been hit by a car or shot or something :D
He was an absolute IDIOT! Mabey he'll get to go to Prison in Greece for a little bit.

Martin said:
it was just plain cruel, he could take it on the guy on fifth or sixth place and still get the same media coverage, i hope the people on the crowd did beat him good :mad:

Other 4 years to go for Beijing. I watched bit of closing ceremony. Looklike most of athletes don't enjoy it, left the ceremony. I agree with mort which the fireworks were great.

They mentioned the interfering guy on the news. That he used to be a priest, and he's interfered with other sporting events. They had footage of him from the British Grand Prix where he was running around on the track and cars were swerving to avoid him.

I can tolerate women streaking, but this is out of control.

Yep, he also once disturbed a tennismatch at Wimbledon.

Bleedin' idiot!

And they fined him only 3600 euro's.

Cheers

Back