• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Other Boleyn Girl

Liniel

Probably the best book I've read in the past year! I love how it employs accurate historic accounts yet gives them a ficticious twist. Brilliant! However, I am completely hestitant to see the movie adaption of it. I have such a set idea of how the characters should be to me that if it is not to my liking I'll be very disappointed... but on the contrary there is nothing more fulfilling than seeing a book come alive before your very eyes.

I've heard so many good things about this book that I'm going to have to read it very soon.

I wanted to read that book, but I tend to turn away books with graphic sex. I'm assuming (considering the history of the Boleyn sisters and the king) there is sex in it; how graphic is it? (BTW, I'm only 17. ^^)

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
I wanted to read that book, but I tend to turn away books with graphic sex. I'm assuming (considering the history of the Boleyn sisters and the king) there is sex in it; how graphic is it? (BTW, I'm only 17. ^^)
From what I can remember there are no sex scenes. They hint towards it, of course, and the sisters discuss it a bit the next day, but I don't recall the actual act ever being described. I'm also 17 and found it totally in my range - not too mature at all :)

I read this book recently and loved ir. The sex scened are not at all graphic. The sisters of course talk about it, but it is after the fact. There are no long drawn out seductions or multiple page love scenes. At most it is a paragraph or two each, then after that the girls just gets summoned to the King's chambers and you pretty much are aware why they are there.

Wonderful book! Very, very good. My Mother took it from me the moment I finished it. I highly recommend it.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
Alright, now that I know it's safe, I'll try it out. I have about 20 books on my TBR list, though!!!
Glad to hear that you are giving it a go :) Be sure to tell us what you think afterwards - and enjoy!

Back