• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Pianist

Kaz

Have you seen this film, The Pianist? It is based on true story. It is about a man works as the Pianist. He was Jewish. He have a bad experinced through WW2 where he lives in Warsaw.
I found out that that man wrote the story which his son find out and published his book. I will buy yhis book one day.

Yes, I saw The Pianist and I was delighted. For me, a big advantage of this film is that you feel close to the main character. I mean, that although the ending is known at the beginning (that Szpilman will survive, because all reviews mention that the script was based on an autobiographical book) I was anxious all the time that something bad would happen to him. It was much easier considering that Szpilman's 'adventures' during the war were so incredible...If they were made up, the critics would definitely say that such events could never happen in reality.

Besides, it shows the terrible, humiliating and inhuman situation of the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto in a detailed, moving way. I remember the scene when Szpilman gets out of the dark ghetto, which was filmed all in grey, black and brown. In the first moment, Warsaw seems to him a bright and colourful place. It looked like if he came into a different world. And he just crossed a gate of a single wall.

I also liked that the Nazis weren't portrayed as a nameless mass of ruthless murderers. A good Nazi soldier made the film more realistic.

To conclude, it's a film well-worth seeing.

I agree with you, it is worth to see this film. I can't imagine the Jews tried to cope with terrible situations especially lose home, family and identity. After the war, it took them rebuilding new life long time. Something we learn from them we should be grateful with our life.

Back