• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Programmer. Chapter 1 *New Title coming soon*

King Kovifor said:
Mrs T = My Teacher. She posted that because of her suggestions... She's like my editor.

well thanks for clearing that up. :confused:

King Kovifor said:
Yes, I'm sure my teacher would say the same thing... But the 93 thing I don't get? Can you explain some more?

You reference a "cereal killer 93" or something like that. I thought maybe someone had off'd Captain Crunch or something. I was seriously distressed there for a minute.

King Kovifor said:
No. His cases were of murderer's...

Cases of murderer's what?

Where did he keep these cases of some murderer's belongings?

I assume you meant murderers plural, not possesive. In which case I would wonder where he kept the cases of murderers? (how many murderers come in a case? 24?)

From what I read of your remaining, shredded post, you should read "Elements of Style" by William Strunk and E.B. White.

Thanks for the clarification, leckert.

13 yo, see above post by leckert re: confusion thingy... but mostly I was confused about the text disappearing, reappearing, disappearing, reappearing corrected in some areas, disappearing, reappearing reworded and such...

(grabs the crimson-maple-syrupy colored shovel from out back)

leckert said:
Well thanks for clearing that up. :confused:

Your Welcome

leckert said:
You reference a "cereal killer 93" or something like that. I thought maybe someone had off'd Captain Crunch or something. I was seriously distressed there for a minute.

Nope... I didn't know there was two spellings... darn MSWord... But yeah htat's funny.

leckert said:
Cases of murderer's what?

Where did he keep these cases of some murderer's belongings?

I assume you meant murderers plural, not possesive. In which case I would wonder where he kept the cases of murderers? (how many murderers come in a case? 24?)

No, like one murder to a case. and yes I mean the plural version... but when I said Murderers I meant as a whole... every murder he's been after.

leckert said:
From what I read of your remaining, shredded post, you should read "Elements of Style" by William Strunk and E.B. White.

Not a chance. Good? But what am I supposed to be adding? The whole chapters?

King Kovifor said:
should I change my definition to - After ACTUAL person criminals....... As I seem to be confusing you guys.

No, you should read Strunk and White.

You say "no chance". I assume this means you are not willing to invest the time and effort to better your writing?

If this is so, then you should stop writing now, and find a good vocational school.

(to address specifics: the whole "he is after" someone is confusing, and has no style. You should say he has pursued, or apprehended or something. Not that he is "after" them)

leckert said:

You say "no chance". I assume this means you are not willing to invest the time and effort to better your writing?

If this is so, then you should stop writing now, and find a good vocational school.

(to address specifics: the whole "he is after" someone is confusing, and has no style. You should say he has pursued, or apprehended or something. Not that he is "after" them)
Dude! He's 13... go easy! He probably doesn't even like Strunk and White (sounds kinda dirty :eek: )

leckert said:

No I'm willing to give the effort to get my writing better. I gave up on helping you guys with the "murderers" part... :D I'm gonna write alot...

King Kovifor said:
:D I'm gonna write alot...
This is a good thing to have engraved in one's mind. Writing is an aquired taste, like fuzzy or frozen Skittles. But first separate the words "a" and "lot"... :cool:

sirmyk said:
This is a good thing to have engraved in one's mind. Writing is an aquired taste, like fuzzy or frozen Skittles. But first separate the words "a" and "lot"... :cool:
I always do that... Thanks dude...

King Kovifor said:
I always do that... Thanks dude...

Read a lot, and write a lot.

To paraphrase S. King from his book "On Writing", the person that doesn't have the time to read will find he has neither the time, nor the tools, to write.

King Kovifor said:
Hey I like that. I have all the time I need to read and write....
Wait until your education years are over. No one ever warned me that time disappears when you grow up.

And Stevey (I hope he doesn't mind me calling him that here) is right: the more you read, the better you write.

I think you would enjoy On Writing, by Stephen King. It makes for some great inspiration/education.

Back