• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Rutles(?)

reading

Hi ya' all. Does anyone remember a Monte Python T^V flim from years ago that was a satirical look at The Beatles? It was called All you need is cash I thought it was the funniest thing in the world. And I'm a huge fan of The Beatles. Not to mention, Monty Python (OH! I just did!):p

Oh yeah! It's a classic. I'm pretty sure it's on DVD, it's at least on VHS because I have it on that format.

Also, they made an album to go with the original special which should still be available on CD from Rhino Records. There was a second album called Archaeology that was made to capitalize on the Beatles Anthology albums, but I heard it's terrible.

It wasn't a Monty Python project as such, it was part of a TV series by Eric Idle called Rutland Weekend Television after the Python TV series had finished. He wrote the songs with Neil Innes I think. I haven't seen All You Need is Cash, which was the spin-off film I think, but I suspect the fact that Rutland Weekend Television hasn't been repeated means it was probably not very good.

Thanks for the info Shade. I hadn't heard of Rutland Weekend... But Fenster's right about All you need is cash. It indeed was a classic. Beatle Historians laughed outloud.
I heard about Archaeology but never saw it. Both are available on Amazon (my personal favorite bookseller).

I remember a scene where the narrator is in the underground club where The Rutles first appeared. The lights go out, and you hear him say "A rat's just run up my leg"

Sergeant Rutles Only Darts Club Band?

Back