• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Sound and The Fury

JebCkr

Hello all. First post. Anyhow, I'm about half way through this book and well, I feel like I'm in a dream when I read it. I understand that is probably what Faulkner is going for, but I don't really care for it. It has some heavy points of interest that I enjoy, but again, the style agrivates me. I read a summary of the first part of the book and found myself saying, "Oh, I didn't know that happened."

Anyway, has anyone else read it and what did you think of it?

Is it your first go at Faulkner? If so, you picked a tough one in my opinion. I would recommend trying out "Light in August" as a good first Faulkner story. I found it much easier to follow and thought the story and characters were more engaging, which made it more digestible to me. Just my opinion.

Yes, this is the first novel of his I've read. I think I may have read a short story or two in school, but nothing like this. It's not too long so I'll finish it, but it might be a while before I go with another of his novels.

Back