• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Stormlight Archive

John-Mark Mills

Hey all! I recently finished the second book in this fantastic series, and I was curious as to what others think of it. So far it has had lots of success, but my main question is where will this book stand when the first cycle of five books is released? Will it be as acclaimed as, for instance, G.R.R Martins A Song of Ice and Fire? Or The Lord of the Rings? Or even the Wheel of Time? I doubt it will touch the likes of LOTR, but that's why I'm making this post. Thoughts, comments and ideas welcome!

Last edited:
Hard to say if it will reach ASoIaF status, but the first two books are definitely amazing. I can't believe they made Way of Kings free for a while (maybe still free?), but if he's planning a total of 10 or so books I guess it's best to get people hooked early.

I love this series, anything by Brandon Sanderson is usually pretty good.. This and mistborn were awesome. Elantris was okay..

10 years though.. In for a long haul.

Back