• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Supreme Court and gay marriage: a reading list

Do you support Gay Marriage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ Funny
To slant the discussion in a slightly different manner. How do you feel about the Supreme Court's recent decision? What do you think it really means?
I for one thought that it was a fair decision. It leaves the decision in the hands of the States, though it did overturn California's ban based on a technicality.
I get sort of worried anytime these big Supreme Court decisions come around, because I feel that the court has become the ultimate end-around for circumventing the Constitution. Not that I'm one of those who think the Constitution is some sort of God given, perfect document. I just like to know what the rules are. :)
What do you good people think?

I'm glad DOMA has been struck down but am concerned about it being left up to states. This is going to cause trouble for couples who legally marry in one state but end up or do live in a state that does not recognize same sex marriage.

Is same sex marriage going to be one of he issues where federal law trumps state law.

I think the SC should have made a solid decision on Prop 8 instead of backing out.

Back