• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The tolerance

Are we tolerant?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cFaniak

Are people tolerant nowadays? Who needs the tolerance? What are the reasons of intolerance? What is Your opinion about the problem? Which nation is known to be the most tolerant or intolerant?

To couple this thread with the 'National Stereotypes'-thread - I think the Dutch are known for their openmindedness, which is a very good thing. I'd love to say it's true, and it might be, to some degree, but there are a hell of a lot of narrowminded people in this tiny country over here.

I do consider myself tolerant and openminded.

Cheers

I try to be tolerant and openminded also, but I don't think society as a whole is tolerant of others' opinions, practices or behavior, and if I explain why, this thread will be shut down, which kind of proves my point, so I will say no more on that.

What country is the most tolerant? I'd have to agree with Martin on the Dutch--definitely not the USA.

No, of course we're not - we're just as bigoted, jaded and intolerant as our forefathers, but we choose to direct it in different directions.

Show me a man who preaches tolerance to all and I'll show you a liar.

Phil

Back