• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"The Tribe" I think.

It's a book I read about 22 years ago and at the time I thought it was a great tale; it may well not be 22 years later. I've had a pretty good search, Google etc. but no luck.

I'm sure the title was "The Tribe" but I could well be wrong, I don't know the author.

The story is based in a concentration camp. The Jews are living in groups in separate huts. They are all in a very poor state; malnutrician etc. except for the occupants of one hut. This group somehow, I can't remember how, manage to call up a mythical being called a Golem. This is the reason the Germans are getting this group better provisions.

I would love to find this book again to see if it is still as good as I remember at the time.

Thanks very much Dele, you obviously read the Google results in more depth than I did. Most of the results class this as a horror book which I would have said it wasn't. I think I will try to get hold of a copy.

I read a review on the book, and it matched your description. I had originally included it in my post, but I deleted it because it was very biased.

The reviewer did say that the book wasn't much of a horror story.

Back