• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The World Isn't Big Enough For The Both Of Us

manuscriptx

If only I could see through the eye of a sunflower seed. I could smile if I wanted to. If only I could look through the peeping hole of success, I could cry if I wanted to. If only the somber trumpets of despair grabbed me out of the standing-room-only crowd and forced me to admit my mistakes.

What is it that you want? The end game is near. I have nothing left, can't you tell? It was pale and apparent a long time ago and it's over can't you tell? So just forget about it and move on. Its Parse Poetry can't you tell? I'm reminded of what someone once said about it and that they didn't think it could stay within certain boundaries without ridicule and funny remarks. Laying in stark contrast can't you tell? I have another's well being in mind and took care of him can't you tell?

Manuscriptx, walk me through this one line by line, I can kind of understand some of it, but really I don't get it. Help me to share your vision!
I'm getting the feeling that the speaker in this one feels isolated and excluded. I think he "thinks" that he's being aloof with the "if I wanted to", but there seem to be so many things that your speaker feels left out of.

It's kind of sad.

I think this is sad too and also an indictment of the intolerance people show towards each other.
Why otherwise intelligent people feel it necessary to ridicule others is beyond me. Their failure to look beyond the surface is astounding.
Janet Frame, an acclaimed NZ writer once wrote..."they died because words they had spoken returned always homeless to them."
Don't give up manusriptx. I'm sure you'll find your niche. Not everyone reads only main-stream writing.

Back