• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

this movie any good?

bebe

kickbox
this is a thread where people can post questions to other members about movies based on books, just movies and if they're any good. I want to watch the Of Mice and Men movie based on the book but i dunno if its any good and if i should even bother going over to the videostore to borrow it. Ok, thats all. -b;)

p.s. and plz, no long critical reviews here...no body's looking for a 5 page review on a single movie....just good or bad

Originally posted by bebe
this is a thread where people can post questions to other members about movies based on books, just movies and if they're any good. ... p.s. and plz, no long critical reviews here...no body's looking for a 5 page review on a single movie....just good or bad

Not sure how any review can be satisfactory if it's limited to "this is good, I watched it" or vice versa. There's got to be some explanation behind it. Otherwise I could just turn round and say Blade Runner is good because I liked it. There'd be no real reason for you to watch it, really.

Tobytook

what i meant was...

i liked the movie because....(a few sentences on the acting, plot,etc.) Hope that clears it up for you -B

very bad movie

of mice and men, starring gary sinise and john malkovich, is probably one of the worst book to film adaptations I've seen in recent memory. I mean, the whole mood of the book wasn't there, and please, john malkovich as lennie? I was picturing him as more of a blond, chubby dude. Anyways, the worst part is the ending. The ending was just so ruined; the impact wasn't there at all!!! So there I was, ready to cry with my Kleenex box in hand, when boom! it just happens and I go, "What the hell?" That is NOT how it happened!! The director of this mess (gary sinise, also the star) has obviously never read the book, becasue he got it all wrong, ESPECAILLY the ending! Anyways enough on my rant on this movie....I give it 1/5....it sucked. -B :mad:

of course, its easier said than done to direct a movie, but come on...just stick to acting, will ya gary?

OK. So I taped The Hotel New Hampshire a couple of days ago. I haven't read the book (yet), but I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody saw it and what they thought about it. Is it a waste of time, or is it actually rather good?

OK so I have seen the film adaptation of Of Mice And Men and I don't remember being overly impressed I preferred the book, as I do most of time. I also saw a opera based on the book by the Vancouver Opera, it was umm, interesting. I am not a big opera fan to begin with and seeing Lennie belt it out in full tenor really didn't jive with my image of him.

Originally posted by lies
OK. So I taped The Hotel New Hampshire a couple of days ago. I haven't read the book (yet), but I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody saw it and what they thought about it. Is it a waste of time, or is it actually rather good?
I finally got around to watching it. It looked like a typical Irving thing, which is always entertaining, to say the least. And it was fun to watch a young Jodie Foster and Rob Lowe act. (and the Fame-guy)

Back