• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thought I'd stick this in here..

Im a bit younger than you inkheart but ive just started writing again. Wish i had never stopped though. More you write the better you get...

its dark chocolate eyebrow seemed to be raised questioningly

i agree that questioningly doesnt quite work. but if you only put seemed to be raised then the audience wouldn't know why it was raised. maybe you could put..

its dark chocolate eyebrow seemer to raised in question..????

just an idea

i really like it though.. bit surreal

Your two posts at this forum demonstrate a lot of talent.

I hope you can organize your life and finances in such a way that you can write a great deal.

Here is my advice to you, off the top of my head, not that I ever took it myself for very long when I was younger.

Try to do all your writing on a computer, also, carry a notebook everywhere and occasionally dictate on a recorder and transcribe notes to a computer. Be sure to create regular backups, including off-site, so you won't loose all your work.

Be like Annie Proulx, and gather material daily. Carry a notebook. Jot down interesting phrases you hear. Pretend you are a camera and take prose snapshots of scenes and people.

The only way you will ever develop your talent is to write voluminously, and read voraciously.

Perhaps you could get a website or blog, and post your more polished pieces there.

Do not be intimidated by lack of length or plot or structure. Produce many fragments, vignettes, short stories, ideas for stories. In time, you will get some inspiration for a longer more cohesive work.

Do not write for others. Write for yourself. Write because you must write. Write because it is an essential expression of your innermost self.

Do not try to copy what is popular. Instead, be yourself and follow your own interests and imagination. Be natural. Don’t try too hard. Daily writing of anything will yield gradual results over a period of months and years.

F. Scott Fitzgerald died thinking that he had essentially failed. It was only some years after his death that he was “re-discovered.” When “The Great Gatsby” went to press, he said how he realized only too late what he should have been doing in terms of hard work, rather than wasting his time. Fitzgerald did a major re-write in the galley stage, when one should be making only minor corrections.

Actualizing one great goal means denying ourselves many things and sacrificing.

I saw a Latin saying on a sundial once. It was Time saying, “You waste me, and I’ll waste you.”

Back