• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thoughts on Alas, Babylon

sunshine_books

What are your thoughts on Pat Frank's novel Alas, Babylon? I'm reading it, and really enjoying it! Also, are there any other similar books to Alas, Babylon?

Thanks,
sunshine_books :)

A favorite book of sorts...I had to read a book in H.S. - it had to be one of the books on a list of "classics". I picked Alas, Babylon because it was the only one that truly interested me.

I'm a sucker for post-apocolpytic stories.

I love Alas, Babylon completely and totaly. I've read it probably 5 or 6 times and it never gets old. Another post-apocalyptic book you might want to check out is Dhalgren by Samuel R. Delany. However, be warned, this book is VERY odd and doesn't really have what you'd call a "traditional conclusion." If you like books that have a set ending that say "here it is... it's over... it's finished" do not read Dhalgren... it will leave you frustrated and unsatisfied. Dhalgren is also much more sci/fi-ish than Alas Babylon. If you like getting lost in a book though... Dhalgren can be quite a maze.

Back