• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Through These Blue Waters

Aragorn

This is the first chapter of a story that I am currently working on. Please tell me what you think about it!:cool:

Through these Blue Waters

I ran down the massacred streets; sweat dripping down my terror-stricken face. Two middle-aged men were chasing me. The reason for this bizarre incident was unknown to me at the time. All I really cared about right now was where I was going to escape. As I kept on sprinting toward my unknown destination, I looked back. This is what made me want to draw a small dagger and gut myself from where I stand. These people were not any ordinary men that got to work to keep food on the table for their family. They were thieving, villainous pirates. I whispered a curse word to myself with both anger and fear running through my veins. I was sure that these men were part of a huge pirate crew that has come to our island to take our supplies.

These pirates were perfect. These men had all they needed to be top class sea scum; a sword, daggers, knifes, guns, and everything else that an experienced pirate would need. I noticed that each of them had a pirate flag sewed into their shirts. The flags showed a skull with crossbones, which is ordinary for a pirate flag to have on it. The unordinary thing though, is that the skull on the flag had a jester’s hat on its head.

From the beginning they started chasing me up to now, all I had seen on the streets were dead bodies with puddles of blood surrounding them. Even women and children were sprawled on the ground dead. There were fires everywhere, with even more dead bodies smoldering in them. Tears filed my eyes on seeing these monstrous scenes. It was worse than the aftereffects of a war.

I was about to let them rip me to shreds and shoot me, but then I started to think about a better solution on how my life will turn out. I might be able to kill these insane freaks once and for all. I could gain fame and fortune. This was a little bit on the fantasy side of my mind, but it could still happen. Now I was more confident. All I would have to do is run away from the men, and use the money that was in my pocket to buy a rifle or something in that category. Then I could blast their insides out of them. To bad this idea is easier said than done.

I came to an abrupt stop, my face staring into an immense red-bricked wall, like a dog facing a gigantic monster. It didn’t happen it couldn’t have! I turned around expecting to be shot several times in my head. This didn’t happen though. What took place at that moment, was much worse.

Back