• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Title of a book

Saginaw

Hi,

I can't remember the name of a book and wondered if anyone can help me. My impression is that it is a children's/young adult book. It was about a girl who lived in England when it was ruled by a Roman Catholic king (or queen). She was promised by her oafish father to a hideous older man. At the front of each chapter was a description of the life of a saint/martyr. I really enjoyed the book and would like to find the title.

Thanks,

Mary

It could be anybody from Jean Plaidy to Philippa Carr.

You could try googling "Elizabethan England fiction young adults saints" and see what pops up. At least you'd probably find something very like it. Have you tried either of the above authors?
I got this: f'rinstance

You could root around in there. :)

Thanks for your help. I suddenly remembered that her nickname was Birdy because she liked birds. So I did a google and found the book. It is Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman and was a Newberry Honor book.

Back