• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tom Clancy Books

Red Storm Rising was his best one in my opinion. I really enjoyed how he described the equipment and how the battles progressed. He wrote about a multi-front war and wrote in such a way, that you could envision riding in the M1A1 Abrams tank, heading out to meet the Soviet T-72s.

I really don't know if Red Storm Rising or Hunt for Red October are his best. Both are excellent! Debt of Honor was the last one I read. His writing seemed to get worse with each new title.

Also look into Stephen Hunter who writes about a sniper in Point of Impact.

r.e. Hunter , the character you refer to in Point of Impact is ongoing and started as a child in Hunter's books wherein his father is the central character (trying to not give away spoilers here) I've always found the majority of his stuff to be highly entertaining.

B.

I enjoyed hunt for red october. executive orders was LOOOOOOOng.

And did anybody else notice how the book before that had a 747 being crashed into the Capitol building in a 9/11 type suicide plot . . . long before 9/11 happened. I can imagine one of the terrorists wandering throu an airport one day, seeing the cover and thinking, ah, that's a great idea.

Life following art?

Back