• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 5 American Songs of the Century

bluedahlia said:
I think that instead of "Satisfaction", it could be "Born in the USA", by Bruce Springsteen. Not being an american, both the song and the singer are very representative of the US fos us who live outside of it...I dunno if I made my point clear :( .
actually, you make a very good point. personally, I don't see how they have #15, Mack the Knife, on the list either. The song was a big hit, but come on:D , one of the 20 best of the Century. I think not. What song if any do y'all think should replace #15.

muggle said:
personally, I don't see how they have #15, Mack the Knife, on the list either.
Especially considering it's a German song. :D

And "West Side Story" is a song now? I thought it was an entire musical?

Seriously, this is one of the weirdest lists I've seen. It looks like it was voted on by about five people with very different tastes and not much knowledge about music.

My favourite 5 songs from the top of my head from the '00s. But Im afraid I dont know enough music to tell you what should of been in that list.

1. BRMC - Whatever Happened To My Rock N Roll
2. The Strokes - You Only Live Once
3. Jane's Addiction - Just Because
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue
5. The Vines - Get Free

It is good to see American Pie in the #5 position though. It is one of my favorites and I never get tired of listening to the song. Don McLean is a very underated singer IMHO. His CD....."Legendary Songs Of Don McLean" is one of my favorite CD's.

Back