• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trailers

What I think every time I see a trailer is, So this is the demographic they think I'm in. Sometimes they make me want to not watch the movie I'm about to watch. If all the trailers are for stupid, crass movies, then I anticipate that the movie I'm about to watch will similarly suck.

I hate trailers. Usually I fastforward through them or skip over them. They depress me because--as someone said earlier--they usually excerpt the 'best' scenes from a movie and so you immediately know how bad it's going to be.

'Don't cry for me Argentina' Like that.

novella said:
What I think every time I see a trailer is, So this is the demographic they think I'm in. Sometimes they make me want to not watch the movie I'm about to watch. If all the trailers are for stupid, crass movies, then I anticipate that the movie I'm about to watch will similarly suck
Now you come to mention it, that's happen with me quite a few times, especially if it's a psychological thriller or a horror & all the trailers are growly voice man or the "we're only going to show loads of clips of people only partially dressed, because there is no plot or story" ones.

that has happened to me. thinking i'm going to see a fairly serious film and all the previews are adam sandler and snl alumni films, i'll think, what movie is this again?

I liked him in Zoolander and Jay & Silent Bob, but otherwise I think he is seriously overrated.

In the two films I mentioned it was more down to the scipt then him personally, but then I do absolutely adore Zoolander & anyone could have been Mugatu & I would still have laughed

Mugatu said:
"It's the same look.What's the matter with you people?Blue Steel,etc.,It's all the same.I feel like I'm taking crazy pills."

quentin tarantino and robert rodriguez are collaborating on a film called GRIND HOUSE, which will be two separate hour-long featurettes playing back-to-back, with other directors doing grindhouse-style trailors for made up movies before and in between the film.

bobbyburns said:
quentin tarantino and robert rodriguez are collaborating on a film called GRIND HOUSE, which will be two separate hour-long featurettes playing back-to-back, with other directors doing grindhouse-style trailors for made up movies before and in between the film.

Oh goody. Pretend torture.

Back