• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

tree killer

Thank you brk that is very interesting. The seedpods of kapok tree contain fibers that are used to make pillows and other clothing. Sometimes they are called java cotton trees. I have never replanted a kapok tree before, nor has wife, but we replanted acacia before which are doing very well despite not taking out very large root ball.

I think forum will like this story. it is latest episode of tree killer story, but more like tv show Green Acres, or maybe Three Stooges. I was digging up last stump of thorn tree, and wife starts nagging me about chop here, dig there, carry this, lift that,blah blah blah.
I tell her to go away and leave me be. She says if I leave you will chop water. There is water line between tree stump and wall, so she was afraid I would cut it while chopping roots with the cheap hatchet. I told her dont worry, I will not chop water line. Go away.

Now you know rest of story. Mud fell into hole and covered up line, and I chopped it all to hell like an idiot. As soon as it happened, I knew my life will be hell from now on. I will hear about this forever. Only good thing, finally got all stumps out. Good thing, before I wrecked the place.

Back