• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

True or False? Explain Your Answer.

-Carlos-

Does the quality of one's writing have a direct link to the writer's level of knowledge in the following subjects:

Anthropology
Art History
Film Studies
Linguistics
Philosophy
Political Theory
Psychoanalysis
Science Studies
Social and Intellectual History
Sociology

I feel that having (at least) a basic (general), overall understanding in these topics will enhance writing - better quality product.

Your view? True or False?

I feel that having (at least) a basic (general), overall understanding in these topics will enhance writing - better quality product.
What quality authors do you know of who have general knowledge of the subjects you have listed?

I feel knowledge in those topics will help a writer create diverse scenarios or characters but I doubt it would improve the quality of writing.

Boy I posted this same thread on a WRITERS forum and I got the same answers. I stand corrected. I really thought that this time I was right...that it would true. I'm glad I asked.

Thanks!

it's good to know stuff because then you can incorporate a lot of neat ideas into your stories. that's the extent of it though imo

AquaBlue said:
I stand corrected... I'm glad I asked.Thanks!
You're welcome. Instead of taking all those classes and buying those textbooks we helped you save money to put towards the cost of changing your legal name!

Back