• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Truman Capote: In Cold Blood

OK, I see what you mean.

Perhaps the crying episode suggests Smith is in fact insane. Someone who can kill (maybe Smith killed all four) that number of people and then feel remorse or self-pity is showing some serious swings in feeling.

Perhaps Hickock with his reasonable plans may have backed out on the actual killing, but it seems Smith was like a loose cannon, and unstoppable once in motion.

Anyone see the original film that was made from this book (I know, I know, it's a book forum!)? It's actually pretty good, and the scene where Smith explains everything that happened directly before his hanging is shot really well, the lighting is such that the raindrops on the window look like tears...

Totally different from how I pictured them in my mind. I saw them as much weirder looking.

for me it was exactly as i have pictured them in my mind while reading it.

and i rushed to find the pics on the internet after reading it, of course :D

It has always been hard for me to accept the fact that the author of In Cold Blood was also responsible for the creation of one of the most heartfelt and moving autobiographical sketches I have ever read - A Christmas Memory.

You can read it online if you like, it's not very long, at :
now voyager.: a christmas memory.

Back