• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trying out Isaac Asimov

Fenster

As you can see above in my profile, I recently started Asimov's Nemesis. This is the second Asimov book I've started; a couple years ago I tried reading Nightfall, i.e. the novel he co-wrote with another fellow, not the short story that was the basis for the novel. I just couldn't get into it though. I do have a copy of the paperback now, though, so I may just start it again some time.

I find the premise intriguing, though I have to admit I don't care that much for Asimov's dialogue between his characters. However I am trying not to be so picky and critical because I can tell there's very important themes to the story.

I thought this would be a good novel to use to judge whether I want to read more of Asimov's work, since it's a stand-alone story whereas so many of his other novels are parts of series.

If you want to read another of his stand-alone novels, I recommend The Gods Themselves.

The Naked Sun and The Caves of Steel are not so much a series as two novels with common characters, so you may want to consider those as well.

Short stories collection

I thought this would be a good novel to use to judge whether I want to read more of Asimov's work, since it's a stand-alone story whereas so many of his other novels are parts of series.

I enjoyed some of Asimov's books long long time ago, but the most impression was left on me by Asimov's short robotic stiries. Check out this stories in a collection called "I, Robot". That was funny, dramatic and cute at the same time.

The novels I remember less vividly than that short stories collection...

Yeah, I have a copy of I Robot. But I just finished a Stephen King short story collection and wanted to read a novel.

Back