• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trying to remember a title...

mn1973

...and can't even remember an author or publication date though I first read this book around 1983.

A boy's town is visited by a traveling magician who dunks the boy's head into a pail of water. When the boy emerges from the water he is no longer in the town but washes ashore in some unknown land and, of course, proceeds to have marvelous adventures. At the end of the story he plunges into the sea and emerges from the pail of water with only seconds having passed on the town's clock.

Anyone else remember this book? Thanks!

Can't say I've heard of it, but I'd be interested to see what the title is. It sounds like a book I'd read. :)

I always think of these types of books like 'cheating' books. You know, the character grows in this alternate timeline, having adventures and learning and matures, and then comes back to his/her timeline with all these experiences suddenly under their belt. Seems like an unfair advantage over other people who didn't spend extra time in alternate reality.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I nuts?

ds

No I agree, everyone else has to learn the cold, hard way, and this kid gets to have all these adventures, learn all these lessons, without aging a single second. It is stupid and if i heard about it I would be mad heh.

However, i have no idea what this book is.

Back