• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

two people using the same computer

honeydevil

Sorry guys, today i'm being a pain, but i experiment a little with my computer and i want to lock my host mom on this forum, but we'll use the same computer. How do i do that? :)

Just make sure that you log out each time you leave the forum or that you don't let the computer log you in automatically each time you come here.

hay82 said:
Just make sure that you log out each time you leave the forum or that you don't let the computer log you in automatically each time you come here.
That would only prevent her from posting (unless she signs up as a member). She'd still be able read everything posted here.

I think she means lock her host mom "out of" this forum.- i.e. not let her on ?

Ell said:
That would only prevent her from posting (unless she signs up as a member). She'd still be able read everything posted here.
ah.. I thought it was log on. :eek:
The other thing would require that you use different accounts on the same computer. Then you can block one account from accessing the site by blocking the site in internet explorer under privacy or something like that.

Ell said:
I think she means lock her host mom "out of" this forum.- i.e. not let her on ?
Possibly - I wasn't sure if it meant for two people to use the forum, or to ban access to one.

honeydevil said:
Sorry guys, today i'm being a pain, but i experiment a little with my computer and i want to lock my host mom on this forum, but we'll use the same computer. How do i do that? :)
Are you trying to say your mum suggested she will make an account on the book forum to embarass you? ;)

Does she even know you use this forum? You could just clear the history after using the computer. That way she wouldn't find out. I use a bunch of shared computers and I always do that so that co-workers, my brother, friends, etc aren't snooping in on my places.

sorry, i should really say what i mean. My communication skills went down the drain when our airconditioning broke. :eek:

Anyway, i wanted to lock her separately on TO this forum. She is pretty cool and i'll leave here in july, so i wanted that she still has somebody to talk to about her books, so i wanted to make her a separate account, but they didn't want to take it until i changed something, so now it works, but thanks anyway.

Oh and that screws up my tough image, doesn't it? Shit!!

hay82 said:
Don't worry, we all see you as a cute little fluffy bunnyrabbit anyway.

shit and i thought i could get that image out of your heads!! Man that sucks, but if i'm a cute little fluffy bunnyrabbit, what are you then?

honeydevil said:
sorry, i should really say what i mean. My communication skills went down the drain when our airconditioning broke. :eek:

Anyway, i wanted to lock her separately on TO this forum. She is pretty cool and i'll leave here in july, so i wanted that she still has somebody to talk to about her books, so i wanted to make her a separate account, but they didn't want to take it until i changed something, so now it works, but thanks anyway.

Oh and that screws up my tough image, doesn't it? Shit!!
Don't swear! You might go to bed with no supper as your punishment! ;)

Back