• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Uncle Oscar

Thelma

I should have posted this earlier but I didn't have the time to do it. What do you think about the Oscars? Is an Oscar a guarantee that a film is good?Do you watch the ceremony?When I was in college I used to stay up and watch the entire ceremony and then comment on it with my friends first thing in the morning.
But I heard there are a lot of good films that don't get the chance to be seen and evaluated by the Academy, even if they would deserve to be in the competition for an Oscar.
And what do you think about the 77th edition this year? I'm sorry about Scorsese to tell you honestly. It 's surprising that some great names of cinema don't have an Oscar. I'm glad for Jamie Foxx, Kate Blanchet, and Kaufmann who wrote the screenplay for Eternal Sunshine....
So what do you say?

it's a joke. the panel hardly ever acknowledges real art. think about it ... in twenty-five years, what films are people still going to be talking about? ray and eternal sunshine or kill bill vol. 2?

really.

Absolutely agree with bobby. Oscars are the equivalent of best-seller lists for books. Nothing to do with quality or creativity.

A couple of years ago when indie films started getting nominated for Oscars I read a great article about how putting indies into the game wasn't "fair" to the Hollywood players who've been bartering their souls for a million years on the lots and in the back rooms. It pretty much summed up the purpose of the Oscars: to recognize people who've done their time, conformed, and kissed enough ass to be remembered by their colleagues. It's not meant to be given to "outsiders."

Back